Hornsey Library Enhancement, Haringey
- Public & Arts
Built to replace a library from 1899 which could not hold enough books, Hornsey Library was completed in April 1965 to the delight of the local librarians. It is a building that appealed to critics from the library profession, simply because of the “close co-operation at all stages between a librarian who believes that his job is to get books to readers, and an architect who can appreciate the complexities of that simple sounding demand” (Library Association Record, April 1965).
Curl la Tourelle Head continue this tradition of collaboration with the librarians, refreshing the building and its imparting sense of energy to preserve this Grade II listed building for generations to come.